Friday, September 28, 2012

THE KILN IS ON!

Finally some tests came out of the kiln that I was happy with and the cow and horse are dry enough to be fired! I I have a couple of days now where I must try and distract myself so I am not so nervous about Sunday when I get to open the kiln. I am not sure what will happen or how it will all come out. I know it will look very different to the animals that I have been seeing for the last few months. All I can hope for is that they are still in one piece!
I have opted for a rapid cool glaze fire on raw clay with a white and blue engobe. We will see what it looks like soon.

Glazing.

The second coat.


Finally at 3am they are ready to be loaded tomorrow.

Fitting things to be put in the kiln.

Carefully moving onto different kiln shelves.

Driving very slowly and carefully towards the kiln.

Lowering into the kiln.

THEY ARE IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment